Election Judge & Clerk Notice
El Paso County Elections Department is looking for Election Judges & Clerks. As explained below, these positions are temporary and available only during an election cycle.
1. Qualifying the voter
2. Assisting voters with voting process
3. Assisting and/or managing the opening and closing of the election polls
4. Be available to work on Election Day from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
1. Be 18 years or older and a registered voter for the County of El Paso;
2. Be fluent in Spanish and English (for bilingual clerks);
3. Not hold an elected office nor be an employee of an elected official;
4. Not be related to an opposed candidate within the 2nd degree of consanguinity or affinity as defined by law;
5. Be able to take direction well and not be easily distracted;
6. Enjoy interactions with people;
7. Have dependable transportation to the election polls;
8. Be able to lift and carry at least 30 lbs. and stand for long periods of time;
9. Be able to report to assigned poll by 6:00 a.m. until approximately 7:00 p.m.;
10. Be available 12-14 hours on Election Day, or as directed by the authority conducting the election;
11. Be available to work different lengths of time and at different hours during the election cycle.
Disclosure: This notice is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this notice, nor in any prior or subsequent written or oral statement, creates a contract of employment or any rights in the nature of a guaranteed assignment. These positions are not permanent or full time; they are available only during the election cycle. Employment will be only on a as-needed basis, and a position will not be assured until confirmation of an assignment including where and when you will report by an Elections Department representative.