If you are interested in serving the community by registering voters, we encourage you to join our team of volunteers.
1. be at least 18 years old;
2. be a United States citizen;
3. not have been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be
a. totally mentally incapacitated, or
b. partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote
4. never have been convicted of failing to deliver a voter application to a voter registrar;
5. not have been finally convicted of a felony, or, if convicted must have
a. fully discharged the sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole, or supervision, or
b. been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote;
6. not have been finally convicted of identity theft under Section 32.51 of the Penal Code; and
7. be a Texas resident.
1. You fail to deliver a completed voter registration application to the registrar; or
2. You are finally convicted of an offense under the law relating to performance-based compensation for voter registrations.
2. Complete a Request for Appointment (PDF), once completed please bring with you ready to turn in to the Elections Department.
3. If you are eligible, the voter registrar will issue you a Certificate of Appointment and give you a receipt book.
500 E. San Antonio Avenue, Suite #314
El Paso, Texas, 79901
*Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., excluding holidays and election cycle.